OUR MISSIONOCT's mission is to empower people to create and become a part of Miami’s evolving creative community by bringing to light the innovators and ideas changing our city. Our hope is that Miami’s future generation will be more engaged and informed about the city’s opportunities, startups, and initiatives creating a new narrative to RedefineMiami.
WHO WE ARE
We aim to change perceptions and refocus attention on a new narrative in Miami, centered on innovation, problem solving and entrepreneurship. We are a John S. and James L. Knight Foundation backed organization.
OCT was founded in January 2013 by Binsen J. Gonzalez as he saw the need to creatively organize the chaotic innovation occurring in Miami. It was a timely initiative and the community support proved that the method and approach not only made sense in a local but also a global context. In December 2013 the Knight Foundation granted OCT $75,000 to expand its impact. OCT has made over 1 million digital impressions since it launched.
OCT has a passionate team of media and community innovators supported by a board of local and national advisors in media, urban planning & design, smart cities, gov innovation, and culture.
- 1. We share stories of emerging voices.
- 2. We help and inspire young people to share their story.
- 3. We partner with educational organizations to support social innovation and entrepreneurship on campus.
- 4. We celebrate diversity and new social narratives.
- 5. We have a great time creating digital media for and by young people.